1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Embers. We are always eager to trial new players. We would particularly welcome applications from the classes listed on our home page recruitment panel.

Please register to apply.

3. These forums are now available on Tapatalk. Further information can be found in the Public General Forum.

Mouse over this notice to dismiss it.

Paladin Mop SoO Heroic Holy Pala

Discussion in 'Healing Forum' started by paladingzz, Nov 1, 2013.

1. paladingzz Guild Member

Main Char:
    Paladingzz
    Heey people,

There isn`t much discussion gong on on the treads of healing, so i thought post something on holy pala`s.

Ever since we started HC raiding in SoO switched to full intellect gemming instead of full spirit gemming cuase i dont have any mana issues with my current gear. Now that i`m using full intellect gemming my crit is getting a lot higher (as everyone knows intellect gives spellpower and spell crit) the differnce between full spirit and full intellect makes a difference of atleast 2% of my crit andi`m getting a lot more spellpower out of it.

Basicly what i do is i go full spirit until i find myself with enough mana regen for a fight after that i just went intellect/spirit/mastery (combination of those 3). Now that we are heroic raiding i tested out spirit vs Intellect gemming. In my own experiences Intellect is the way to go on heroic i`m doing like 5% more healing with full intellect gemming then full spirit.

I see a lot of paladin healers going full mastery or spirit, but iff you look at some of the top world raiding guilds all their pala healers are going full intellect gemming.

Here some examples:

Aladya from method - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Aladya/simple

(he is going full mastery/spirit on gear and full intellect on gems)

As far as i know
    Aladya is the only holy pala in their 25 man raid (wich makes a big difference in pala healing). He is around 17k spirit (wich i think is kinda high i`m at 16k and i have no problems with mana at all), has more then 42% mastery (wich is basicly the best secudary stat for paladin healer), around 8,3% haste and 16,45% crit (wich is logicly low considering he is full mastery).

Euphoniousjr from midwinter - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Euphoniousjr/advanced
    (he is going for a combination of mastery/crit/haste)

Euphoniousjr has around 15,7k spirit, around 30% mastery, around 10% haste and 23% crit (his haste and crit is a lot higher since he is trying to get a balance between mastery/haste/crit). I tried out myself to get a balanced mastery/haste/crit amount to heal with, but putting the amount of healing/absorb next to my full mastery i see that i heal way more with mastery then a combination of mastery/haste/crit.

Darnus from scrubbusters - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Darnus/simple
    (he is going full mastery/spirit on gear and full intellect on gems)

Darnus has around 16,7k spirit, around 38% mastery, around 8% haste and 18,7% crit. For paladin healing there is a big difference if there are 1 or 2 paladins in the raid. Scrubbusters has recently killed garrosh hellscream 25man heroic, they killed it with 2 paladin healers. The part that is most remarkable is that you see a big difference between the 2 pala heals while their gear is almost the same, and i`ve noticed that in our raids aswell that when we are 2 paladin healers i heal a lot less then when i`m the only paladin healer.

I look at these players above and thats where i get my ideas for gearing my paladin.
    The way i am/going to gear for heroics is:

Gear
    Get 4 set (head, shoulders, hands, legs).
    The rest of the gear will be spirit/mastery.
    Get a intellect trinket with mana/spirit regen (siegecrafters trinket).
    I`m not sure yet what to get for my second trinket. The stats one seems realy good but it also gives more spirit wich i dont need, cuase i have enough allrdy.

Gemming

My gemming will be full intellect.
    Iff the socket bonus is intellect and it requires a yellow socket then i use intellect/mastery and iff it requires a blue socket then i use intellect/spirit.

Reforging

Preferably i dont wanna reforge everything cuase i`m getting BiS gear, but should it happen that i get an upgrade but isn`t BiS then i use the following:

All the gear without spirit i reforge crit into spirit, iff it has no crit and no spirit then i reforge haste into spirit.
    All the gear with spirit but no mastery i reforge the haste/crit into mastery.

Allthough i`m trying to stay around 16k spirit i might wanna consider to reforge spirit into haste when all my gear is full spirit/mastery to stay at the same amount of spirit.

Consumables

Recently i got enough spirit from my gear to have enough mana regen during the fights.
    So i swiched from spirit food and flask to intellect.

Iff you dont have enough mana regen for the fights then i would advice keep using spirit consumables otherwise use intellect.

This is the way i gear/gem/reforge. I havent said anything about the talents and did that on purpose cuase i make my talent based on the bos fights and the tacticks that we are using and that changes from person to person what they find easyer.

I hope i helped some people with this, gave them new ideas to test out or gave them a way to to think about how they wanna gear up. Iff you have any questions/ideas/suggestions/tips place them in comments below and together we can make Paladin healers even better.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
    zappaDPJ likes this.
  2. Dwarfinö Guild Member

Main Char:
    Cornetto
  3. paladingzz Guild Member

Main Char:
    Paladingzz
    He has a chart that shows the break points for EF (eternal flame).

http://fullspectrumholypally.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/chart_21.png

Can come in handy aswell iff you decide to go for a balanced secundary stat way.

i`ve tried the multiple stat back in ToT hc raiding. For me it didn`t worked out, so i switchd back to the way i`m gearing now. I havent accualy tried it yet for HC SoO, but it might be worth to have another look at it.